Our beloved 1976 Boler came into our family in 2014. Named Garrreh (there’s a story behind this), our boler has a tacky 70’s original paintjob, a working furnace, stove, a not-working fridge (needs repair) and tons of storage. Jeddy and I had been lusting over these adorable vintage campers for years and when my Dad finally came across this one he didn’t hesitate to swing a deal on our behalf.
Being the super crafty, thrifty and DIY girl that I am, I spend a solid 6 weeks cleaning, painting and screwing the heck out of this little camper.
Like, with a screw driver… anyhow…
Here’s a list of some of the improvements we’ve done since it’s arrival:
- Tore it apart and cleaned it. At least 3 times
- Had all new cushions and matching drapery made (very circus-esque)
- Repaired hinges, locks and handles
- Replaced broken bulbs on running lights
- Had some rewiring done for trailer hookup
- Installed awesome DIY hack organization unit in closet
- Purchased a custom 70’s pole awning set
- Installed battery-powered lighting (for when there’s no power)
To stay up to date with the latest adventures of Windy May, Jeddy and Garrreh, please check us out on Facebook!
OR, if you are a fellow Boler owner and are looking to connect with other egg-towing people, check out the following Facebook Groups!